Clipping Path Pen Tool Functionality and Usability tutorial
Today I would like to present a tutorial about how to draw a clipping path using photoshop pen tool. In this tutorial we can absorb the basic functionality and usability of pen tool. So follow the instructions and why not have a try to get a live view.
1. Open an image in Photoshop which you want to use for your clipping path tutorial (select the file menu in Photoshop and open, open dialogue box choose the file you want to use and click open).
2. Once you have got the image open in Photoshop, chose the "Pen Tool" from the tool box (if there have no tool box, go to window menu and chose "Tools"). Then, make sure that you have selected "Paths" from the pen tool menu bar.
3. Then click on the image edge and drag the mouse pointer towards the next step and release the mouse. After a suitable distance, again click on the image edge and continue in the same way until you have finished moving around the image and lastly see this "o" symbol. This "O" symbol means you are going to close the path. For closing the path click on it (starting point).
4. When the path is completed around the image and it’s finished properly, go to path palette (go to window menu/ select "Paths"). Then, double click on the "work path" and press enter to “save” the path and the path name will be altered to "Path-1" instead of "work path"
5. Then go to "pop up" menu from the Paths palette and chose "Clipping Path". A dialogue box will perform asking to choose your preferred path and Flatness. Select the path you need to Clipped and Put the flatness you want and click "OK". You are now almost finished. Flatness is the desired amount of pixel which you want to make blur the image edge. The more amounts you use in Flatness the more image edge will be bluish. Then, leave the Flatness box blank (0) and image edge will be 100% sharp which is more preferable and suitable.
6. Now, You can save the file in PSD or TIFF format and ready to place into the desired program where you are working in your design. Finally, you will get the image without the background.
Hope you enjoy this tutorial and find it advantageous. Soon we are going to share more essential and useful photoshop clipping path & clipping path service related tutorials. So please stay tuned and feel really glad if you give us feedback.